Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Literally?

A part of Asperger's Syndrome is taking things literally.

Yesterday, I took Lucas & Noah to the orthodontist. Why they insist on seeing kids at ages 7 & 8 nowadays is a post for another day. But, that's where we were.

Before our appt each boy had to fill out a questionnaire about themselves: their likes & dislikes, etc.

Lucas had his turn and had a great conversation with the ortho about playing baseball, swimming, & eating pizza.

When it was Noah's turn, the conversation went like this:

Ortho: So, do you play baseball? I see you have a baseball on your shirt.
Noah: No.
Ortho: What sport do you like to play? Oh, I see here that you like to play soccer. Are you playing soccer now?
Noah: No.
Ortho: What are you doing right now?
Noah: Sitting in this chair.

I wish I could type the look on his face because it was so incredibly funny. He looked at the ortho. like "What a stupid question! Can you not see what I'm doing right now?"

I'm still laughing about it.

2 comments: