Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Well. Four months can go by as fast as a greased pig. Not that I've ever had experience with greased pigs, but it seems like a fitting analogy. I could certainly win "Most Inconsistent Blogger of the Year" award. I'm not promising this post will lead to a blogging marathon, but I am hoping to write more frequently.

In the last four months, we have said goodbye to our fosters, found out my dad has cancer, visited friends and family from Virginia to Georgia to Mississippi, celebrated Jacob's 11th, Ellie's 9th and Lucas' 14th birthdays, and started school. It's been quite a busy summer!

We are now knee-deep in school, soccer, music lessons, and church activities. Lucas began high school this year, which I'm not certain I still fully grasp. He is taking half his classes at a homeschool co-op. He loves being with friends and having a teacher besides Mom, and I love that I'm not dissecting frogs or pigs in my kitchen. Win-win. Jacob and Noah are still fully at home. I think I'll have to pry them away in a couple of years to take classes out the house. Ellie is at home this year as well, after three years of public school. I have much to say about that, but it will have to wait. There is a whole lot of commotion going on that probably needs my attention.






No comments:

Post a Comment