Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Because sometimes a list is all I can do

My brain is not working yet this morning. As evidenced by the fact that I just told Ellie to eat her cereal "without no milk." My 7th grade grammar teacher (I don't remember her last name - we called her "Myrtle") would be appalled. Maybe I truly need to go visit the big city more frequently. I think the country life is having negative effects on me.

I digress.

A list is about all I can muster this morning.

  • Our new church had it's first official service and it was amazing. We had 150+ people attending. So excited to see what God is going to do!!
  • Our new homeschool group? Amazing. We have all (Kyle included) made friends through this group and I'm so happy I decided to join.
  • The leaves have started changing colors. Considering it was 97 degrees yesterday, that's just wrong.
  • I yearn for the day when it's below 90. I'm told it will happen. I'm not so sure.
  • The other day in the car, Noah realized that Johnny Diaz (the singer) and Matt Diaz (the Braves player) are brothers. He said as serious as ever, "Their mother must be SO proud!"
  • The country is starting to feel more like home. We are settling in and adjusting to life in a small town. 
  • Today is the first day of fall. Bring on the apples, pumpkins, bake-a-thons, and weight!
  • Speaking of weight, I'm in week 5 of my couch to 5K training program. I'm running a 5K on Oct. 23. And I'm still not to that euphoric place that my friends are at where all the world is good and right when they run. 
I must go get Lucas out of bed so we're not doing school at dinner tonight. 

I leave you with this question: Besides cereal and oatmeal are there any quick breakfast ideas out there? I'm not one for cooking at 7:30am. Need ideas!

4 comments:

  1. We have poptarts a good bit, I also get the kids the walmart brand fruit bars. Another thing Chandler likes is Nestle instant breakfast, you can get vanilla or chocolate, mix it in milk and its yummy and VERY filling, Packed with vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also what I've done in the past is make up a big helping of pancakes, then put them in the freezer, then all it takes in the mornings is pulling out however many you want and pop them in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen waffles, english muffins, toast or muffins. I like to make the muffins (or mini muffins) the afternoon before and put them in a ziploc for the kids to devour when they wake up the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make a bunch of waffles or muffins and freeze them. Then just pull out what you need for that meal and defrost. The Waffles can go straight in the toaster just like the ones from the grocery. We also add some fruit.

    ReplyDelete