Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pie

This was a real conversation in the back of my van yesterday.

Jacob: "Mom, that sign at Zaxby's says they have caramel pecan pie milkshakes. YUM!"
Noah: "I don't like pecan pie. It tastes like pecans."
Jacob: "I don't think pecan pie tastes like pecans. They just add the right amount of crunch to it."
Noah: "I don't like crunchy. I like soft and creamy pie."
Jacob: "Well, then, you should try the coconut cream pie at Golden Corral. It's sooo good."
Noah: "oooh. Is it soft and creamy?"
Jacob: "Well, I wouldn't call it soft - soft, but it is definitely soft."
Noah: "I like soft. Like Mimi's chocolate pie - that sends my taste buds through the roof!!!"

I can't tell you the joy I experienced from listening to my 7 & 8 year olds critique pie. They are definitely my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment