Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dear God, my Saviour

That's how Ellie starts all her prayers now. In her 3 year old - hard to understand - almost southern accent - way.  That is always followed by "mommy go night-night".  I assure you that it's waaaaay past her bedtime when Mommy goes night-night, but that doesn't seem to matter. Maybe she's experienced Mommy with little sleep and is praying that Mommy will go night-night very soon?????

Here are a couple of recent prayers that made me laugh 'til I almost cried.

(as she prayed with Kyle, her hand rubbing the hair on the top of his head)
"Dear God, my Saviour,
     Mommy go night-night . And Daddy got headache. Daddy head hurt bad. And ...... 
     his hair soooooo pretty. Amen."

(after coming in to wake me up from a Sunday afternoon nap)
leaning over me she said:
"Dear God my Saviour, Let me tell you something"

This one didn't make me laugh, but was very sweet. This
 was after an ambulance passed by us while driving home one afternoon.
"Dear God my Saviour, he hurt. he go to Daddy's hospital and he get better. And ..... he hurt. And ..... he go to doctor. Amen."

And, because no post would be complete without a picture - here's the most-of-the-time-sweet-but-don't-let-that-cute-face-fool-you Ellie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment