Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend update

Around here, weekends are usually quite full. So having a weekend with nothing planned is a rarity. This was one of those rare weekends and I have to tell you - it was fabulous.

Friday night we took the Monkeys to Olive Garden for dinner. It's obviously been a long time since we've been to the OG since we experienced sticker shock after looking at the menu. Whew - who knew pasta could be worth an ounce of gold! Praise God for a gift card from some of the kids on the soccer team that K coached - all 6 of us ate (well) for $7.00 (tip included.) 

Since Mimi and Nana  have been on my case to get them a Christmas list, we headed on over to Toys R Us to give the Monkeys a case of the "iwants" and "gimmes."  It's so very true that kids are a marketer's dream. Our children entered the store with a 5 dollar list and left with several hundred dollars worth of merchandise on their Christmas lists. These lists have now been Mommy censored and sent to the suppliers of all things fun in our house -the grandparents.  

Saturday morning we semi-slept in.  I'll never understand how the monkeys seem to be so very tired on Monday - Friday mornings - especially the oldest of the brood - but Saturdays?  They wake with a fervor I can't explain. K was gone to a photo shoot for a couple of hours so I stayed home and cleaned. J - our preschool entrepreneur - wanted to know what he could do to earn some money.  My 5 year old cleaned the inside of the van, washed cabinets, chairs & the table, picked up the shoes in the garage, and vacuumed the rugs in the garage. He earned himself $2.25. Yes, I do hire him out - please call to schedule! The rest of the day was spent cleaning, hanging out, and napping. K's parents took us out to dinner at IHOP. It was a fruitful trip since we found out that they have reinstated their kids eat free policy! HOORAY! 

We spent most of the day today at church. After church we ran home for a bit then back to church to prayer walk through a neighborhood. We stopped by the library on the way home to return books and pick up the ones on hold (my homeschooling curriculum requires so many books from the library each week, I'm surprised they don't charge me!).

The Monkeys are now happily discovering old episodes of the Muppet Show while K & I take a trip down memory lane. Who didn't love the Muppets??? I thought I was Miss Piggy when I was 4. Really. And who remembers the Muppet glasses that the fast food restaurants sold during the late 70s early 80s? We had them all. Plus Smurfs and Looney tunes. In fact, if you stop in for a visit at Nana's house down in south Mississippi, I'm sure she'll serve you up a glass of sweet tea in one of these vintage glasses. 

If you've made it to the end of this post, I applaud you. I'm barely hanging on, myself. My life - it's action packed it is. Packed with lots of noisy, swinging, climbing Monkeys. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, I like the new template. Sounds like you guys had a very pleasant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun weekend :) Tell the kids hello for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog! We had all the Muppet, Smurf and Looney Toon Glasses too :)

    ReplyDelete