Tuesday, October 21, 2008

oh my aching legs

Now that the weather is cold, I've gotten out all my favorite fall/winter clothes. Last year I bought several pair of really cute jeans to replace the very old ones in my closet. They fit wonderfully so I was excited to get them back out this season. Just one problem. They didn't fit so wonderfully anymore. One pair. One pair out of 4 that I can button comfortably. There must be something in the storage box that caused a chemical reaction and made all my fabulous pants shrink, right? 

Wrong. It probably has something to do with my new found favorite bread dough recipe that I can make into the most amazing yeast rolls. Or cinnamon rolls dripping with THE best icing in the universe ------ yeah. That's gotta be the reason.

What to do? I'm not going to buy new pants. So I wash and wear the one pair that buttons and I get my rumpus onto the Wii fit. Yesterday was Day 1. I think I got a bit over zealous. I was determined to lose weight. inches. 30 minutes should do it, don't ya think? I worked hard.

What do I have to show for it today? My legs barely work. It's taking every ounce of my being to walk up and down the stairs without writhing in pain. And those jeans? yeah. They still don't button. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I know how you feel, except I'm having problems getting back into my pre-baby jeans. With each baby, my hips and thighs get a little wider and those oh-so-cute jeans I used to be able to wear just aren't so cute and comfy anymore! I've totally gone to wearing looser-fitting GAP khakis every day.
    Oh, and I totally want the Wii fit for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, would you give me that bread dough recipe? I've been looking for another good one.

    ReplyDelete