Monday, October 4, 2010

home again, home again

We're back from our mini-vacation to Charleston.  It was a great few days and more on that later.

We came home last night to find one of our largest fish - Manny - had been pretty badly beaten up by another fish - Dempsey. It was then that I discovered how completely opposite my view of the fish is from my kids'. While he was still 1/2 alive - I was ready to just bury him in the backyard. (He's too big to flush I think).  The kids were devastated and after Jacob's tears and screams of "DADDY DON'T LET HIM DIE. SAVE HIM. HE'S SOOOO SPECIAL" I decided burying him may not be such a good idea.

Kyle separated the two fish and all is well again in the aquarium.

Today it's back to reality. And  by reality I mean still being in pajamas at 10:05 am and probably not having a shower today due to all the housework/errands/homeschooling/grocery shopping I have to do.

It's a glamorous life, but someone has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment