Friday, January 16, 2004

Moving

By reading Bryan's blog, I realized in the business of the past couple of weeks, I haven't posted about the recent happenings in our household.



About 2 weeks ago, we received an email newsletter from a missions ministry that I have traveled to Honduras with a few times. In the letter, it was stated that they had an immediate opening for a Director of communications.



I read the qualifications and thought that they matched Kyle perfectly, but since we were (and still are) extremely happy where we are, I deleted it and went on about my day.



When Kyle got home later that night, something (actually God) told me to go to the deleted file and show it to him. I did and he dismissed it. Actually he laughed and said "Mississippi....."



The next day, however, he began talking of sending his resume in feeling that God was telling him to explore the possibility. I told him they'd never pay him enough.



After confirmation from the ministry that they indeed would pay him what he needed, Kyle sent in his resume. We were both somewhat hesitant, yet still certain that God was directing him to do so.



To make a long story short, we traveled to MS last weekend, Kyle interviewed last Monday and they called on our way home to offer him the job.



I left out many details that were engineered by God to confirm our decision. Maybe I'll have time to share them later.



Now, we are praying that our house sells quickly so we can all move together and not be separated.

No comments:

Post a Comment