Wednesday, December 3, 2003

frustration

Okay. Here's my rant for the day.



This is the 3rd day in a row to take Jacob to the doctor. Something is wrong with this child, and no doctor can tell me what it is. Monday he was there for a nasty nasty cough and a rattle in his chest. Because of his recent pneumonia case, I took him in to make sure all was clear. The doctor told me I was basically paranoid and that he was clear. Bring him back if he develops a fever.



Monday afternoon he awoke with a fever. "No problem" I was told after calling the office. If it last for 2 days, call us back.



Yesterday afternoon, he awoke from a nap, still with fever, and now crying non-stop for over an hour. This is not like him at all. I call the doctor and they tell me there are no appts. left. They also tell me I need to take him to the Children's Healthcare urgent care office. So, off we go.



Chest x-ray is clear. Flu test is negative. It's probably the cough medicine you gave him that's making him cry and fuss, I'm told.



Last night, fever all night, coughing all night, no sleep.



This morning, coughing up green stuff, vomiting, still slight fever. I call back and they tell me to bring him in this afternoon.



Kyle says I need to tell them I'm not paying for this visit. I think I agree with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment