Monday, December 15, 2003

What time is it?

Lucas and Noah have been hard to settle down tonight.



After putting them back in the bed for the 2nd time, I heard familiar sounds of electronic toys playing music. I walked down the hallway to see a glow of light coming from their room.



Peeking in confirmed my suspicions. Lucas had turned on the light and both boys were in the floor playing.



Of course, as soon as they saw me, they quickly jumped back into their beds.



I stood beside Lucas and said, "Lucas, what time is it?" expecting a reply of 'night-time' or 'time to go to sleep' or 'bedtime'.



" I don't know," he said.



"Yes, you do. Tell me what time it is," I demanded.



"Ummmm.....3:30?"



The firm discipline flew right out the window as I began to laugh.



I couldn't even finish the discussion.





No comments:

Post a Comment