Saturday, June 24, 2006

DATE: 02/05/2006 06:43:29 PM
-----
BODY:
This weekend Kyle and I attended our church's annual marriage retreat.

It was such a great time to get away and allow God to deal with us separately and as a couple. There were so many issues that we've kept pushing aside as we just live from day to day. While ignoring them, we never realized the wall that was developing between us. So this weekend, after various seminars, discussions, and much prayer, we dealt with them. It was wonderful. We've been so busy being mom and dad that we had forgotten about being husband and wife.

Our first seminar topic was about our own relationship with God. Although I've been a Christian for 18 years now, I can remember times that I've been more passionate about my relationship with God. I've let so many other things get in between, and the sad thing is that I haven't even stopped to take time to notice. I spent much time this weekend in prayer and just listening and really felt God's presence for the first time in a while.

It's amazing how things just all fall into place, once you surrender everything to Him.

So, now the real test comes. Reality at home. Away from the beauty and seclusion of our retreat center. Into the world of 4 kids, bills to pay, sickness, laundry, chores, errands, finances, recreation and on and on.

So far so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment