Saturday, June 24, 2006

DATE: 12/30/2005 11:08:36 AM

Wow. It's so hard every year to believe that Christmas is over! It seems like there is this month-long build up to a day that passes so quickly, I sometimes wonder if I was even there!

We had a great Christmas. It just gets more fun every year as our children get older. Lucas was so excited this year about gifts (both getting AND giving, I'm proud to say!). We just knew that we'd be awake at sunrise opening gifts. However, we woke them up at 7:45! They were all so excited about their gifts. All the boys each got a scooter and some other things. I think they were most excited about the small, cheap gifts in their stockings, though. Who woulda thought!

We don't "do" Santa. Instead, we tell our kids the story about the real St. Nicholas and talk with them about how people dress up as Santa Clause to remind us of him. (we also tell them that they know a big boy secret that other kids don't know and they can never tell!) The boys are still at the age where the line between pretend and real is a little blurry. But, I thought Lucas understood. Until christmas eve. We were watching the weatherman on TV show his "Santa" radar. Lucas asked if Santa was coming down our chimney. I said "Lucas, is Santa real?" and he said "I don't mean that one, I mean the pretend one who dresses up every year!" Oh well.

Here are some pictures of our day. I got so carried away with their gifts, I forgot to take many pictures!

christmas 2005 001.jpg
Lucas first reaction to his gifts!

christmas 2005 005.jpg
Noah and his "stash"

christmas 2005 008.jpg
Jacob checks out his stocking

christmas 2005 026.jpg
It's so true that the more children you have the less pictures you take! This is one of 3 pictures we got of Ellie! Note the winged hair-do!

christmas 2005 046.jpg
Just to prove we do brush her hair!








-----

No comments:

Post a Comment