Sunday, June 25, 2006

What A Day!





Today has been quite a day for celebrating!

This morning at church, we had Ellie's dedication service. She, as usual, was very much the charmer and even reached out for our pastor (who she knows very well) to hold her.

Lucas was baptized this morning also. He made the decision to ask Christ into his life sometime last year, but has just now wanted to do the baptism. Our church allows fathers (who have a relationship with Christ) to baptize their sons, so Kyle got to have that privelege! It was so neat to see Lucas making that decision. We have prayed that God would turn our children's hearts towards Him and He has been so faithful in that.

We came home after church and had Ellie's birthday party. My parents, Kyle's parents, Kyle's brother and sister-in-law, and some close friends of ours and their 3 month old were here. Whew. I needed a bigger house.....bigger kitchen at least. I had to put Ellie in the bed for a nap while we were eating and then woke her up for presents/cake. She was NOT very happy about it, so we kinda rushed through it all. She loved the cake and wasn't hesitant at all. Even screamed when it was all gone because she wanted more! Little Miss Piggy!

Finally, Jacob has been tee-tee in the potty 3 times in a row now. Last night, this morning, and again at church. I got fed up yesterday and drew a line in the sand. I told him diapers were going in the trash and he could only wear one at night - that he could go all over the floor as long as he wanted to, but that he would be cleaning it up and changing himself. I'm not sure if that's what did it or not, but words cannot express how happy I am at this moment. I'm holding my breath to see if it continues, but we're definitely NOT going back to diapers!

What a day!

1 comment:

  1. I like the new blog! Happy birthday to Ellie and congratulations to Lucas. Hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete