Saturday, June 24, 2006

DATE: 02/09/2006 03:10:20 PM
-----

Sometimes I am in awe that Ellie is a part of our lives now. Not that I love her more than our boys, but she came to us through such a sacrifice on another woman's part, that it is often bittersweet to look at her. Here is a small expression written by someone else, but tweeked to fit our situation.

I wept for a young woman in another country who will never know what it is like to rock this baby, watch this baby play with her brothers, watch her clap her hands and smile the world's biggest, brightest smile, and watch her as she sleeps like the absolute angel she is. I wept for a young woman who loved her child so much that she wanted a better life for her. I wept because I want this woman to know that her child is loved so very much. I wept because I want her to know that her child will never know hunger. I wept because I want her to know her child has a wonderful life ahead of her that will be full of opportunity, education and more. I wept for her because in my whole heart I wish I could meet her someday and thank her for what she has given us and what she has given her child. I weep because I am constantly amazed at how something so small can fill my heart with such love. My tears are a mixture of sadness and love and are from one mother to another whom I may never be able to thank in person. I pray God watches over this young woman and I pray she trusts in Him enough to know that this child is in a loving, safe home and that somehow that eases her sad heart if even just a little.

Feb. 2006 026.jpg



-----

No comments:

Post a Comment