Saturday, November 8, 2003

First time for everything

Lucas told us something tonight that hurt my heart . We knew it was only a matter of time until we heard these words, but I wasn't prepared for how hurt I would be when he said them. His words????



"Jesse (a boy at church) is mean to me."



I know, I know......it's not that big of a deal. Every child is teased, every child utters these words at least 1,000 times in their childhood. But this is his very first time to tell us that someone (outside of his brother) is being mean to him. I'm not really sure how Jesse has been mean. Lucas told Kyle that Jesse called his Buzz and Woody (Toy Story) shirt a "girl shirt." He told me Jesse "pokes him on the arm." Whichever it is, I'm sure he won't need years of therapy to get over it.



But I might. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment