Thursday, November 6, 2003

My Second Blog

No, my titles will not be in numerical order for every blog.



My oldest son, who is 3, has developed a strong opposition to sleeping in his own bed. A few weeks ago, we took a trip to Michigan to attend "Family Camp." For 7 nights, our entire family slept in the same room. Lucas was thrilled and thought that this tradition should continue as long as he sees fit.



Now I sit at 10:20 (2 hours after putting him in bed) and I'm still listening to "Mommy.....Mommy.......MOMMY...."



Me: What Lucas?

Lucas: I don't like my bed anymore.

Me: I know you don't.

Lucas: But I like your bed.

Me: I'm sure you do.

Lucas: You'll come get me when you go to sleep?

Me: No.

Lucas: Why?

Me: Because you need to sleep in your own bed.

Lucas: But I like sleeping with you and Daddy because it's not scary. (that's his 3 year old way to say he feels safe.)



It's hard to resist that reasoning, but I quickly remember what it feels like to be kicked in the side, head, and stomach repeatedly in the middle of the night, and quickly tell him for the 57th time....



"God can take better care of you than Mommy and Daddy. Good night."



No comments:

Post a Comment