Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Prayer Request

Not much blogging today. We've had a stressful day.



Jacob (the 5 1/2 month old) has had a cold for about a week now. Yesterday, we noticed his cough seemed to be a little nastier than it had been. After a night of no sleep with him, I took his temp. about 6am and found it to be 102. I called the dr. and got an appt. for early morning.



Thinking I'd just go in and get a diagnosis of an ear infection, Kyle decided to meet me at the dr. with the other boys and he would go to work from there. What I thought was going to be a quick trip to the dr. turned into a 4 1/2 hour ordeal.



She did all the things drs. do, and still couldn't find the source of his, now,103.5 degree fever. Concerned that this was a tidge high for a small baby, she did a urinary tract infection test and a test to check his white blood cell count. The UTI was clear, but the other was very high. Soooooo, we were sent across the street for more tests......a blood test to check for blood infection and a chest x-ray, just to make sure she didn't miss anything.



I didn't know what to pray for. I didn't want pneumonia, but I didn't want a blood infection either. So, I prayed that one of these test would give us a result so we wouldn't have to endure another day of this.



I got my answer. When we returned to the dr. we were told that he, indeed, had pneumonia. It was small, they said, so hopefully we caught it early enough. His blood oxygen level was very good, so they gave him a shot of antibiotics, told us to watch him for breathing difficulties tonight, and come back tomorrow.



So, it's 6:30 and his fever seems to be under control. He's playing happily at this moment. Please continue to pray for him that he would have no breathing difficulty tonight, and tomorrow would show dramatic improvement in that lung.



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment