Friday, November 14, 2003

What????!!!!!

This morning Good Morning America had a report on a London couple who, in the next few weeks, will be turning their newborn baby over to a gorilla in a zoo. I decided to check it out and here is part of an articleabout this situation.



"He has, he says, consciously decided to be a very different kind of father. He is very hands-on with his four-week-old baby girl, Freya. "I am very happy," he says. "Donna is an amazing woman and a wonderful mother. I wouldn't have bred with her if I didn't think that." Bred? "Can't help it," he says. "I always go back to animal terminology." Within the next few weeks, and with Donna's full approval, he will give the baby to the gorillas. "It's a ritual," he says. "I'll probably give her to the dominant female who will then take her off, sex her, and introduce her to the others. I did this with my other daughters, now it's Freya's turn." That's very trusting of him, I say. He looks startled. "But why would I not trust them?" he says. "I know them. I grew up with them. They are my friends."



Am I the only one who seems disturbed by this?

No comments:

Post a Comment