Monday, November 24, 2003

waiting

I took Jacob back to the dr. this morning. He's been very hoarse for a few days now, so I called this morning to check on that. Since he never had a recheck for his pneumonia, they asked me to bring him in today.



No problem, I thought. My mom is here this morning and she can stay with the other 2 while I take Jacob in.



"You'll see the Dr. on call today," I was told.



No problem, I thought. The past couple of times we've done that, we've been in and out in a jiffy.



Upon arrival in the waiting room, I see people waiting outside the door of the office.



No problem, I thought. They're probably waiting on other family members.



As I check in, I realize that all these people are here to see the same doctor. (The on call doctor is up stairs from the main office).



I ask if all these people are in front of us and am assured that though there will be a small wait, most of them have showed up early for their appt.



1 1/2 hours later..........................it is down to me and another family, who has told me that their appt. was 11:15.



No problem, I thought. I'm next.



Wrong again.



2 hours and 15 minutes after arriving for my doctor's appt., the doctor walks in, and with a smile on her face states....



"Sorry for the wait."



And Jacob....



He has a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment