Saturday, November 8, 2003

Heart Surgery

No, I didn't have heart surgery, at least in the physical sense. However, God did do a number on me this weekend while I was at the Revive Our Hearts conference. I'll no doubt be writing about this for weeks, but here are a few things that God spoke to me specifically about.



I have been trying to satisfy my thirst in wrong places....the main way is through relationships and the approval of others. God showed me that HE wants to satisfy my thirst and deepest longings. No other person nor their approval will be able to fill what only God was designed to fill. I've been so dry lately wondering why God won't meet with me. The problem hasn't been God. The problem has been me. I had junk in my life that hadn't been dealt with and I wasn't broken before Him. It wasn't that he wasn't willing to meet with me, I just was not allowing Him too.



He showed me how prideful I am. I would post the list of characteristics of a proud person and characteristics of a broken person, but it's too long. (If you'd like a copy, post a comment, and I can send you one.) God showed me how critical I am, how much I seek the approval of others, and how hard it is for me to say "I was wrong. Please forgive me."



There were many, many other things that God revealed to me, but I'm still sorting it all out and can't put it all into words yet. I just know that He has broken me and there is such freedom in being broken before Him. The Almighty God of the universe wants to be my Abba, my Daddy. He has chosen me and loves me with a love that I will never be able to figure out. I will always be in wonder and awe at the fact that He has chosen me and loves me.



Lord, make me a reflection of your glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment