Thursday, October 17, 2013

throwback Thursday

I was trying to get an old video uploaded, but looks like that's not working tonight. So, instead, enjoy an old blog post from the end of my stay in Guatemala. Kinda spoils the end of the story, but I guess it's fairly obvious that at some point she did get to come home. :)

9/28/05
Ellie and I went to the US Embassy with our agency rep this morning. We breezed through in a little less than 2 hours and she was approved for her visa. We will get the visa about 5:00 tomorrow and then on to Atlanta on Friday. I still can't believe that she actually gets to come home with me!

After talking with our agency director, I see God's hand in our entire adoption. Ellie's case has gone quicker than anyone's that they've done. As our case progressed, it seemed that all of a sudden things would happen more quickly than they had been happening. For example, to enter the Guatemalan equivalent of "DFACS" (family services), you have to have pre-approval from the US Embassy. That usually takes about 7-8 weeks from the time the DNA testing is done. However, for a small window of about a month, they were getting these out within 4 weeks. Ours was in that window of time. It is now back to 7-8 weeks.

Just little things like that that others may see as "luck" I see as God's hand on our case all the way through. Then, with the events of this week, I can see God orchestrating everything.

Yesterday I read a verse that I know very well, but it took on a whole new meaning for me....Romans 8:28

"And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him"

It sure doesn't promise that everything will be easy, but He does promise that He will take all the good and all the bad and make it into something good.

That something good is coming home with me on Friday.

And all I can do is say Thank you, Lord.

happy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment